"The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax."
Tax Preparation Steps
- New clients: please read the FAQ, and contact us to make sure we can fit you in, before sending your tax documents.
- Fill out one of our Personal Tax Organizers for the United States or Canada. Include full contact information so we can get in touch with you if we have any questions.
• Mail the documents to our office;
• Fax them to us at 1-650-479-8955 (California fax number); or
• Scan the documents and email them to us as file attachments.
Note: when scanning documents, please make sure they are high enough quality that we can read them.
Note: when mailing documents, we recommend that you use a service that includes a tracking number, such as USPS Global Express Mail, Canada Post ExpressPost, FedEx, or UPS. It is also a good idea to make copies of your documents before mailing them.
- New clients: we will look over your documents and send you a price confirmation.
- We will prepare your income tax returns and email you non-filing tax summaries to look over. Attached to the email will be our invoice.
- Canadian residents only: if you would like us to E-File your return, we will ask you to provide us with a signed copy of Form T183 Information Return for Electronic Filing of an Individual's Income Tax and Benefit Return.
- You can pay the invoice with PayPal's secure online services and a credit card, or send us a personal cheque or money order.
- We will ship your returns to you once payment has been received. Filing instructions will be included in our package. Sign your returns and file them according to the instructions.
- Or, if E-Filing, we will electronically file your return on your behalf, shipping a spare copy to you with instructions on how to pay any balances owing.